At Forum, we understand the importance of making or resisting urgent applications for injunctive relief. Our barristers are regularly instructed in high profile and sensitive applications heard in the interim applications lists of the High Court Chancery Division and Queen’s Bench Division.
From freezing orders to injunctions restraining the presentation of winding up petitions, barristers at Forum offer the expertise necessary to make and defend a variety of injunctive relief applications.
Drawing on the commercial law experience within Chambers, our team is ideally positioned to guide clients through complex areas such as:
- Worldwide Freezing Orders
- Injunctions in relation to Cryptocurrency / Stolen Bitcoin
- Injunctions in relation to Restrictive Covenants
- Injunctions in relation to preventing an executor from making distributions of the deceased’s estate
- Search and Seize Orders
- Restrictive covenants and springboard injunctions
- Insolvency, breach of trust claims and the parameters of fiduciary and directors’ duties.
- Norwich Pharmacal Orders
Indicative recent cases include:
- Obtaining an urgent Search and Seizure and Devices Imaging Order in the High Court. Acting for the respondent at the return date and obtaining early disclosure of the imaged devices pursuant to the principles in TBD (Owen Holland) v Simons  EWCA Civ 1182.”
- Acting for the respondent at the return hearing for a High Court freezing order arising from a multi-million pound international fraud
- Advising a former company director and shareholder regarding the enforceability of restrictive covenants in a business transfer agreement
- Obtaining a freezing order to prevent the sale of a property pending trial of a claim to reverse its transfer into one spouse’s sole name
- Acting for a former employee resisting an injunction to restrain alleged breaches of fiduciary duty regarding the registration of internet domain names.
- Acting for the applicant in an urgent High Court injunction to restrain the presentation of a winding up petition in relation to a fashion design company where the statutory demand was disputed on genuine and substantial grounds
Our clerks are particularly experienced in clerking urgent injunctive cases, liaising with listing, fixing hearings and sealing orders, often with the assistance of outdoor clerking services.